Welcome to the Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police Since 1976, the OACP has provided members wih the resource they need to enhance performance and ensure continued success and effectiveness while serving their communities.
Who we are The OACP is a professional membership organization serving Oklahoma’s law enforcement executives and their supporting command staff. The Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police is among the largest and most respected state-level law enforcement executive organizations in the United States. Our portfolio of training programs for all agencies, professional services and public affairs programs places places the OACP as an elite executive organizatin in the country. OACP represents you and your agency! The Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police represents all ranks of law enforcement officers at the federal, state, county, tribal, campus and local municipal levels. OACP has a diversified membership that includes all aspects of the criminal justice system. The Association is an integral part of the law enforcement community, and works closely with our colleagues ar all levels of government. At OACP, we believe that the best way to share the potential of our Association is to unleash the potential of our members.
The objective of the OACP
- Develop closer official and personal cooperation between chiefs, law enforcement and governmental agencies to foster the utmost professional standards for all law enforcement officers in Oklahoma.
- Propose, support and provide information on legislation relative to the betterment of law enforcement and the citizens they serve.
- Promote professionalism, ethical standards, accredited model policies, training and open public relations.
- A very active and established Legislative Committee that works with state legislators on laws and issues that effect law enforcement and communities.
- Disseminate sensitive law enforcement information and alerts to the members that is relative to law enforcement.
- Sponsorship of six (6) regional scholarships to Oklahoma high school seniors who seek a career and eduction in criminal justice.
- Annual 8th Grade Essay Contest engaging the students to write about subjects of substance abuse, alcohol abuse, bullying, and prescription abuse that is a growing epedemic among our youths during and after school.
- Annual OACP Training Conference and Exhibitor Show.
- Annual Chief Byron Cox Invitational Golf Tournament.
- Oklahoma Statewide Law Enforcement Ride to Run to Remember in Support of the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
- Oklahoma Special Olympics Law Enforcement Tourch Run, and other community betterment activities.